There is a lot controversy over mercury amalgam fillings. I get asked the same question a lot “Do I keep my old silver fillings or have them all removed?”
My answer is that when an old mercury/silver filling breaks down it is necessary to replace it, but it is important to note that extreme CAUTION must be taken when dealing with old mercury fillings because mercury is very toxic.
National protocols are being updated regularly regarding the proper way to work with the mercury fillings. Mercury and other metals escape amalgam fillings when they are drilled allowing a sudden rush of mercury into the body. Removing mercury from the mouth is getting rid of the primary source of mercury, but it is not the end of the process. The mercury must then be removed from the tissues and organs.
It is important to note that removing more than one filling at a time in people who are already ill or are unknowingly near their toxic threshold can make that person worse unless correct safety precautions are used.
Does your dentist follow the proper protocol?
Most of the research refers to a multi-faceted approach as a best way when dealing with removal of mercury fillings
PLEASE NOTE: BIOLOGICAL DENTIST’S ARE TRAINED AND EQUIPPED TO FOLLOW THE PROPER MERCURY REMOVAL PROTOCOLS
Locally: Dr. Robert Clinton www.clintondentistry.com
More information visit:
International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (https://iaomt.org/)
By releasing the toxic burden of the body and restoring its nutritional status, we can change our internal environment and achieve good health